Making An Impact
Seroba invests in cutting-edge, life-science innovations that enhance well-being and extend health span.
We are focused on identifying game-changing technologies that can deliver our investors attractive financial returns and carry an inherent impact.
To formalise and strengthen our commitment to impact, Seroba has developed a set of impact themes that are aligned with our philosophy toward investment and ESG, as well as a proprietary framework that enables us to measure and report out on key impact metrics throughout the lifecycle of our investments.
Seroba’s philosophy toward impact is focused on three themes:
- Enhancing Human Health — Seroba invests in biotechnology, medical devices and digital health start-ups uncovering novel therapies and / or technologies. We focus on opportunities that increase the efficacy of health interventions, improve health outcomes, offer solutions to diseases with limited or no current treatments and, where possible, reduce healthcare costs so that more people can access quality healthcare services.
- Advancing Diversity and Inclusion — Seroba actively works to increase demographic diversity within the venture capital and life sciences industries, particularly with respect to gender.
- Financing Innovation — Seroba is a much-needed provider of risk capital to scientist-entrepreneurs who are discovering and commercialising cutting-edge innovations; we seek to catalyse follow-on financings for our portfolio companies and ameliorate the financing gap impacting small enterprises.
Working together. Making an impact.
When Seroba makes an investment in a company, we ask that each investee will, working on a best-effort basis, also agree to commit to our impact themes.
Our approach builds on our adherence to Seroba’s Core ESG Principles, which entails:
- Incorporating relevant ESG issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- Seeking appropriate disclosures and assurances on relevant ESG issues from the entities in which we invest and their management teams; and
- Being active shareholders and incorporating relevant ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
We are focused on working with our investee companies and others within the industry to advance this important agenda.